Definition of teamster in English:
1North American A lorry driver.
- I think he may have some information about a murdered teamster from Santa Fe.
- And regarding juror number eight, the teamster sitting on the front row, I've watched him myself, Larry, when a portion of Scott Peterson's tape was playing during closing arguments.
- Her mate of five decades is a retired teamster and Chicago public schoolteacher.
1.1A member of the Teamsters Union, including lorry drivers, chauffeurs, and warehouse workers.
- Later however, it came to light that the child's medical care was in fact free to the family as it was covered by his father's insurance as a member of the teamsters' union in Los Angeles.
- But the president is trying in a very deliberate way to reach out to those elements of organized labor that might be friendly to him - the teamsters, the steel workers, the machinists.
- It circumscribed boycotts and forms of picketing that teamsters used to establish their power.
2A driver of a team of animals.
- It gave work to many teamsters, such as Eli and W.H. Peacock, blacksmiths, including James Lobban and others.
- Wheat farmers, grape growers, hawkers, wattle growers, charcoal burners, timber cutters and teamsters all needed good roads for their businesses to operate successfully.
- Naturally a hotel was established in due course and when Thomas Turner opened it in 1888 overnight stops by these teamsters, farmers and other travellers often took two or three days.
Words that rhyme with teamsterdeemster
Definition of teamster in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan