Definition of teaspoon in English:
1A small spoon used typically for adding sugar to and stirring hot drinks or for eating some foods.
- In 1783 Revere made twenty-four spoons engraved with the Swan crest - six large spoons, twelve large teaspoons, and six tablespoons.
- One can play metal teaspoons, tablespoons, soup spoons, and wooden spoons.
- We have a pot, water jug, fresh milk and sugar but no teaspoons.
1.1 (abbreviation: tsp) The amount held by a teaspoon, in the UK considered to be 5 millilitres when used as a measurement in cookery.
- If you irrigate, and your water is also alkaline, acidify it with 2 teaspoons of vinegar per gallon of water.
- In cooking, ingredients are expressed in teaspoons, tablespoons, ounces, pounds, and cups.
- A calorie is a measurement, just like a teaspoon or an inch.
teaspoonful noun (plural teaspoonfuls)
- Example sentences
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet, about an inch apart.
- I love their piney, resinous, spicy smell, but you could add a teaspoonful of caraway seed - an old friend of the cabbage - instead.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
Definition of teaspoon in:
- US English dictionary