- 1British A technical college.More example sentences
- There are students in private colleges and techs and they're getting an education.
- Then I started teaching a bit at the local tech, got the academic bug, and took a few courses.
- I've been accepted at the tech school here, and I want to continue my education so that I can have a wider range of knowledge about repairs.
- 2 [mass noun] Technology. See also high-tech, low-tech.More example sentences
- Most technology investors focus on tech companies that sell to enterprises.
- There is no tech transfer without new technology.
- If there's just a personality conflict with your company service tech, you can lose your contract over that.
- 2.1 [count noun] A technician.More example sentences
- I cannot count the number of times I have been contacted by auto technicians, mechanics and body shop techs whenever an electrical problem occurs.
- By the same token, the computer techs out there facilitating all this movement of data don't get any glory.
- The new regulation makes it impossible for a doctor in the emergency rooms to summon officers on call (X-ray and lab techs, surgeons, etc) since only the telephone operator can make cell phone calls.
early 20th century (originally US): abbreviation.
More definitions of techDefinition of tech in:
- The US English dictionary