Definition of tee-hee in English:
A giggle or titter, especially a derisive one: [as exclamation]: They won’t mind what I get up to. Tee-hee!
More example sentences
- The Archbishop likes nothing more than a joke; his shoulders shake, his nostrils flare, eyes twinkle and his infectious, cackling tee-hee, tee-hee, tee-hee rings round the café, generating smiles from everyone.
- Confusion sets in, especially among my own race as I'm seemingly the only black hippie girl in Chicago who still says dude in every day conversation. Tee-hee.
- Maybe he's not as popular as he thinks he is tee-hee!
verb (tee-hees, tee-heeing, tee-heed)[no object] Back to top
Titter or giggle, especially derisively: she tee-heed and swatted him with her fan they were tee-heeing over the presents you’d bought
More example sentences
- He is back: ‘My favorite American expression is ‘fanny pack’,’ he tee-hees, undoing all his sterling work of the 73rd minute.
- As you would expect, the panellists tee-heed their way through a raft of horticultural phallic references.
- I snickered, giggled and tee-heed all the way through.
Middle English (as a verb): imitative.
Words that rhyme with tee-heeabsentee, açai, addressee, adoptee, agree, allottee, amputee, appellee, appointee, appraisee, après-ski, assignee, asylee, attendee, bailee, bain-marie, Bangui, bargee, bawbee, be, Bea, bee, bootee, bouquet garni, bourgeoisie, Brie, BSc, buckshee, Capri, cc, chimpanzee, cohabitee, conferee, consignee, consultee, Cree, debauchee, decree, dedicatee, Dee, degree, deportee, dernier cri, detainee, devisee, devotee, divorcee, draftee, dree, Dundee, dungaree, eau-de-vie, emcee, employee, endorsee, en famille, ennui, enrollee, escapee, esprit, evacuee, examinee, expellee, fee, fiddle-de-dee, flea, flee, fleur-de-lis, foresee, franchisee, free, fusee (US fuzee), Gardaí, garnishee, gee, ghee, glee, goatee, grandee, Grand Prix, grantee, Guarani, guarantee, he, HMRC, indictee, inductee, internee, interviewee, invitee, jamboree, Jaycee, jeu d'esprit, key, knee, Lea, lee, legatee, Leigh, lessee, Ley, licensee, loanee, lychee, manatee, Manichee, maquis, Marie, marquee, me, Midi, mortgagee, MSc, nominee, obligee, Otomi, parolee, Parsee, parti pris, patentee, Pawnee, payee, pea, pee, permittee, plc, plea, pledgee, pollee, presentee, promisee, quay, ratatouille, referee, refugee, releasee, repartee, retiree, returnee, rupee, scot-free, scree, sea, secondee, see, settee, Shanxi, Shawnee, shchi, she, shea, si, sirree, ski, spree, standee, suttee, tant pis, tea, tee, Tennessee, testee, the, thee, three, thuggee, Tiree, Torquay, trainee, Tralee, transferee, tree, Trincomalee, trustee, tutee, twee, Twi, undersea, vestee, vis-à-vis, wagon-lit, Waikiki, warrantee, we, wee, whee, whoopee, ye, yippee, Zuider Zee
Definition of tee-hee in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan