- 1Begin a round or hole of golf by playing the ball from a tee: we spend ten minutes practising putting before we tee offMore example sentences
- With a three-shot cushion, Tiger Woods tees off at the last hole - and sends his drive straight up the middle of the fairway.
- The day began early at the Royal Golf Course where competitors teed off.
- Batting in softball, teeing off in golf and hitting a forehand in tennis also require the type of muscle conditioning provided by this exercise.
- 1.1 • informal Make a start on something: in November, the Society teed off with their inaugural meetingMore example sentences
- Let's tee off to a good start.
More definitions of tee offDefinition of tee off in:
- The US English dictionary