Definition of telecine in English:
1The broadcasting of cinema film on television.
- Locating the ideal set of film elements for telecine is expensive and time consuming.
- With film handling knowledge from working in film sound, telecine was a logical next step for her; and, of all the juniors, she was the only one who wasn't afraid to touch film.
- It can be argued that DVD upholds the integrity of the original work, preserving qualities that could easily have been lost in telecine.
1.1Equipment used in telecine broadcasting.
- The design of the windows shows that this shot of Baird telecine equipment was taken in the Crystal Palace building, probably in 1935 or early 1936.
- This telecine function allows the colorist to display a shot from earlier in a scene or even from a previous scene, just as it was transferred, and use it as a reference guide for matching color tone consistently if not ideally.
- The Sound Mixer would control the various sound sources, whilst a Production Assistant cues in items on videotape and telecine.
Definition of telecine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan