- A causal connection or correlation between meteorological or other environmental phenomena which occur a long distance apart.More example sentences
- The researcher says, ‘El Nino and Arctic Oscillation share dynamic features and may also account for regional warming and drought in Canada - teleconnections linking regions over the globe.’
- Calvin, a geographer specializing in Latin America, focuses on the El Nino / Southern Oscillation, its teleconnections, and their impacts.
- Some scientists suspect the process, teleconnection, might help explain the drought gripping parts of the US.
More definitions of teleconnectionDefinition of teleconnection in:
- The US English dictionary