A tropical Asian plant of the pea family, whose leaves have a spontaneous jerking motion. It is sometimes grown as a curiosity under glass.
- Codariocalyx motorius (formerly Desmodium gyrans), family Leguminosae
More example sentences
- As far as I know the seeds of the telegraph plant need to be scarified before soaking them for the 12 hours.
- Also, look for the golden yellow blooms of snakeweed, turpentinebush, goldeneyes, and telegraph plants.
- The telegraph plant, Desmodium, exhibits a remarkable ` spontaneous’ gyration of the lateral leaflets, resulting from rhythmic up and down movements.
More definitions of telegraph plantDefinition of telegraph plant in:
- The US English dictionary