- The science or practice of using or constructing communication systems for the transmission or reproduction of information.More example sentences
- Various modes of communication - railroads, telegraphy, telephony, broadcasting - have been enlisted as part of the nation building and cultural identity strategies of successive governments throughout Canadian history.
- Samuel Finley Breese Morse invented the Morse system of telegraphy in the 1840s in the United States.
- Around 1912, Johnson had his first experience with electronics when his half brother, Charlie Nelson, strung lines between two neighborhood houses for Morse telegraphy.
More definitions of telegraphyDefinition of telegraphy in:
- The US English dictionary