The supposed ability to move objects at a distance by mental power or other non-physical means: she possesses the power of telekinesis
More example sentences
- The mediums demonstrated every variety of psychic power from clairvoyance and clairaudience to telekinesis and telepathy.
- Most psychics trained in three disciplines, usually telepathy, telekinesis, and another one.
- Get some rest and we'll start with telepathy and telekinesis in the morning.
- Example sentences
- From there, several different people entered and exited the room, all claiming to be psychic and telepathic and telekinetic amongst other things.
- He said that people who practiced black magic used hypnotic, telepathic and telekinetic powers to send frequencies and energy to put someone in danger.
- Jean's telepathic and telekinetic powers begin to evolve.
Late 19th century: from tele- 'at a distance' + Greek kinēsis 'motion' (from kinein 'to move').
Words that rhyme with telekinesisamniocentesis, anamnesis, ascesis, catechesis, diesis, exegesis, mimesis, prosthesis, psychokinesis
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tele|kin¦esis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.