Definition of telemeter in English:
An apparatus for recording the readings of an instrument and transmitting them by radio.
- Radio signals from telemeters were detected by antennae surrounding each respirometer.
- The wax-coated telemeters were calibrated with a mercury thermometer over a range of 5-42 deg C.
- However, with the advent of miniaturized telemeters and thread-trailing methods, direct estimates of hatchling survival have been made.
verb[with object] Back to top
Transmit (readings) to a distant receiving set or station: instruments used to telemeter their data are carried on two satellites (as adjective telemetered) telemetered data
More example sentences
- For example, in a 1,000-acre potato farm, aerospace behemoth Lockheed Martin can place meteorological stations that measure 13 different weather parameters every 15 minutes and telemeter the data to a computer base station.
- If two or more telemetered otters were detected at the same location, the pilot took care to determine the distance between them and attempted to obtain a visual observation.
- Its power source comprised batteries only, so it was not expected to have great longevity; it telemetered scientific data for just five days.
- Example sentences
- It combines telemetric recordings of uterine contractions using a tocodynamometer and daily telephone calls from a physician to offer support and advice.
- Consequently, telemetric monitoring of a single adult was used to determine the spatial limits of each burrow system, after which the capture localities of individuals were used to assign social group membership.
- A blood sample to determine the serum level of cardiac troponin I was obtained 8 to 12 hours after the telemetric monitoring period ended.
- Example sentences
- The unit is configurable to operate not only wireless telemetry but mobile data as well.
- It's not just routers, but a complete back-office system with provisioning and telemetry.
- In medium rate, all real-time science telemetry can be downlinked during station passes.
Definition of telemeter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan