Definition of telemeter in English:
An apparatus for recording the readings of an instrument and transmitting them by radio.
- Radio signals from telemeters were detected by antennae surrounding each respirometer.
- The wax-coated telemeters were calibrated with a mercury thermometer over a range of 5-42 deg C.
- However, with the advent of miniaturized telemeters and thread-trailing methods, direct estimates of hatchling survival have been made.
verb[with object] Back to top
Transmit (readings) to a distant receiving set or station: instruments used to telemeter their data are carried on two satellites (as adjective telemetered) telemetered data
More example sentences
- For example, in a 1,000-acre potato farm, aerospace behemoth Lockheed Martin can place meteorological stations that measure 13 different weather parameters every 15 minutes and telemeter the data to a computer base station.
- If two or more telemetered otters were detected at the same location, the pilot took care to determine the distance between them and attempted to obtain a visual observation.
- Its power source comprised batteries only, so it was not expected to have great longevity; it telemetered scientific data for just five days.
- Example sentences
- It combines telemetric recordings of uterine contractions using a tocodynamometer and daily telephone calls from a physician to offer support and advice.
- Consequently, telemetric monitoring of a single adult was used to determine the spatial limits of each burrow system, after which the capture localities of individuals were used to assign social group membership.
- A blood sample to determine the serum level of cardiac troponin I was obtained 8 to 12 hours after the telemetric monitoring period ended.
- Example sentences
- The unit is configurable to operate not only wireless telemetry but mobile data as well.
- It's not just routers, but a complete back-office system with provisioning and telemetry.
- In medium rate, all real-time science telemetry can be downlinked during station passes.
Definition of telemeter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.