- The working or use of telephones: telephony and data transmission [with modifier]: mobile telephonyMore example sentences
- Wireless telephony had achieved transmission distances of several hundred miles.
- The increase was primarily due to growth in broadband telephony and high-speed data.
- It may be possible for portable multimedia devices to be hooked up to a combination of DAB and mobile telephony networks.
More definitions of telephonyDefinition of telephony in:
- The US English dictionary