(also telephoto lens)
noun (plural telephotos)
- A lens with a longer focal length than standard, giving a narrow field of view and a magnified image.More example sentences
- Regardless of format, a telephoto or zoom lens is a must for serious wildlife work.
- The best lens to use is the standard 50 mm lens or a short telephoto.
- Lenses shorter than 50 mm are considered wide-angle lenses; those longer than normal are considered telephoto or long lenses.
More definitions of telephotoDefinition of telephoto in:
- The US English dictionary