Definition of televise in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective televised)
Record for or transmit by television: a live televised debate between the party leaders
More example sentences
- That these debates are televised and recorded for posterity are implicit in a democracy.
- Crowds of 80,000 watched at Wembley and the event was televised for the first time by the BBC.
- In recent years, their expertise now produces televised cricket in India.
- Example sentences
- News has to meet strict criteria of being televisable and high impact.
- The producer, who recognized a televisable situation when he heard one, devised the show on the spot.
- Gliding is a sport that is not easily televisable, short of putting the camera in a very high altitude plane, to get a view with something to provide context.
1920s: back-formation from television.
Words that rhyme with televisetelepathize
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.