Definition of telling in English:
Having a striking or revealing effect; significant: a telling argument against this theory
More example sentences
- Some of the most brilliant human resources have died at their most productive age and this has had a telling effect on all sectors of our economy.
- He was involved in most of his sides scores as he combined with his team mates and either passed to telling effect or was fouled in possession.
- Cynics may scoff at all these; but if only implemented strictly, these measures can have a telling effect.
- Example sentences
- There was, tellingly, no joint press conference.
- But a scene from the novel itself explains this mystery more tellingly than paraphrasing ever will.
- It's a tellingly selective range that he targets.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia