Having a striking or revealing effect; significant: a telling argument against this theory
More example sentences
- Some of the most brilliant human resources have died at their most productive age and this has had a telling effect on all sectors of our economy.
- He was involved in most of his sides scores as he combined with his team mates and either passed to telling effect or was fouled in possession.
- Cynics may scoff at all these; but if only implemented strictly, these measures can have a telling effect.
- More example sentences
- There was, tellingly, no joint press conference.
- But a scene from the novel itself explains this mystery more tellingly than paraphrasing ever will.
- It's a tellingly selective range that he targets.