- The last segment in the abdomen, or a terminal appendage to it, in crustaceans, chelicerates, and embryonic insects.More example sentences
- The material comprises several partial specimens in addition to disarticulated carapaces, appendages, metastomas, opisthosomal segments, and telsons.
- In a similar way, setiferous appendages of the telson are found in a number of noncrustaceans.
- The postabdominal series is entire in this specimen, exhibiting a total count of nine segments plus the telson.
mid 19th century: from Greek, literally 'limit'.
More definitions of telsonDefinition of telson in:
- The US English dictionary