noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A compound of the benzodiazepine class used as a tranquillizer and short-acting hypnotic.
More example sentences
- A tricyclic compound; chemical formula: C16H13ClN2O2
- Tranquilising drugs such as diazepam or temazepam are not suitable for treating stress because they can cause addiction after only a few weeks of taking them.
- There are several short half-live benzodiazepines available including oxazepam, lorazepam, temazepam, and triazolam.
- Chemically, flunitrazepam, temazepam, triazolam and diazepam are structurally related benzodiazepines with the same mechanism of action.