- An earthquake.More example sentences
- The objective was to protect the cathedral, its occupants, and its contents during the major earthquakes and smaller temblors that could be expected over several centuries.
- In the 70 years prior to the 1906 earthquake, a temblor of at least magnitude 6 struck the region an average of every four years, she said.
- The temblor proved that an earthquake smaller in magnitude can cause greater damage than a more powerful earthquake.
late 19th century: from American Spanish.
More definitions of temblorDefinition of temblor in:
- The US English dictionary