Definition of tempting in English:
Appealing to or attracting someone, even if wrong or unwise: a tempting financial offer [with infinitive]: it is often tempting to bring about change rapidly
More example sentences
- I expected to be offered a tempting plate of delicious morsels.
- These must have been tempting offers, but he turned them down.
- A tempting offer is on for avid book collectors.
British informal moreish
North American informal nummy
- Example sentences
- Big rural properties with room for two or three families are still temptingly cheap.
- Some of the sweets are temptingly stored in small glass jars, just large enough to squeeze a hand into.
- The possibilities of a different future are temptingly real.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.