- A stock of a fast-maturing variety which can be made to bloom ten weeks after sowing, widely grown as a bedding plant.
More example sentences
- Matthiola incana variety ‘Annua’, family Cruciferae
- Sow Annuals like antirrhinums, pansies, violas, Iceland poppies for flowering next Spring need to be sown early in the month, with ten-week stock being sown towards the end of the month.
- The most important species is M.annua, the ‘ten-week stocks,’ of which the varieties are innumerable.
- The left-hand side is for flowers: here you can put in four rows; for instance, touch-me-nots, flytrap, Venus's looking-glass, and ten-week stocks.