noun (plural same)
- A European freshwater fish of the carp family, popular with anglers and widely introduced elsewhere.
More example sentences
- Tinca tinca, family Cyprinidae
- This lake is mainly carp, with rudd, roach, eels and tench as back-up fish.
- Across the way on Acorn Lakes, carp, skimmers, tench and crucians can be found.
- The club has a lake stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
Middle English: from Old French tenche, from late Latin tinca.
More definitions of tenchDefinition of tench in:
- The US English dictionary