Definition of tender-minded in English:
Easily affected emotionally by other people’s distress or by criticism: the tender-minded neurotic swallows the whole theory (as plural noun the tender-minded) he wrote tolerantly of administrative massacres, no doubt to irritate the tender-minded
More example sentences
- Soft revolutionists are close to the tender-minded position of the rationalist.
- All of this may give a certain amount of comfort to those who are tender-minded.
- Your recent comment was uncharacteristically tender-minded.
- Example sentences
- Democrats do not have a monopoly on tender-mindedness in education.
- There seemed to be no tender-mindedness in Anderson's thinking.
- Components of the agreeable personality include trust, straightforwardness, altruism, compliance, modesty, and tender-mindedness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan