Definition of tenderizer in English:
1A thing used to make meat tender, in particular:
- Others prefer to use a paste of meat tenderizer in vinegar.
- Some beach officials have also been stocking up on meat tenderizer, which is believed to ease the sting's pain.
- The use of enzymatic tenderizers in meat cookery is attended by several limitations.
1.1A substance such as papain which is rubbed on to meat or used as a marinade to soften the fibres.
- This additive is found in Chinese food, seasoned salt, meat tenderizers and soy sauce.
- Chemical tenderizers, using enzymes which break down proteins, can also be rubbed over meat before cooking.
- The subtilisins are used in such diverse applications as meat tenderizers, laundry detergents, and proteolytic medicines.
1.2A small hammer with teeth on the head, used to beat meat.
- Sylvie was holding a meat tenderiser - a square metal mallet with little spikes on each hitting surface.
- She felt like she had been pummeled with a meat tenderizer.
- Put the veal cutlets between two pieces of wax paper and smack them flat with a tenderizer.
Words that rhyme with tenderizertheorizer • plagiarizer
Definition of tenderizer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan