noun[mass noun] • literary
- The quality of being dark or shadowy.More example sentences
- In this vast emptiness and profound tenebrosity, no images could be formed.
- Whirling around, Maria scrutinised the tenebrosity stretching before her.
- The moonlight glistened across the endless tenebrosity that surrounded the ship in the late hours of the night.
late Middle English: from Old French ténébrosité, from Latin tenebrosus, from tenebrae 'darkness'.
More definitions of tenebrosityDefinition of tenebrosity in:
- The US English dictionary