- A grey-black mineral consisting of a sulphide of copper, iron, and arsenic. It is an important ore of copper.More example sentences
- In the orebody galena occurred as large masses associated with pyrite, chalcopyrite, and tennantite.
- Initially, the glassy brown crystals associated with quartz and tennantite were misidentified as anglesite.
- The orebody contained an exotic suite of minerals, including mercury, tennantite, and tetradymite, all of no commercial value.
mid 19th century: from the name of Smithson Tennant (1761–1815), English chemist, + -ite1.
More definitions of tennantiteDefinition of tennantite in:
- The US English dictionary