A projecting piece of wood made for insertion into a mortise in another piece.
More example sentences
- One piece of wood has tenons that fit into matching sockets drilled into another piece of wood.
- They employ hand-chiseled mortises and tenons.
- The frame is completely made of wooden parts solidly linked by many mortises and tenons held together by a sophisticated system of brackets.
verb[with object] Back to top
- More example sentences
- These tenoners vary in size.
- The tenoners were designed for accuracy over time and a dramatic reduction in set-up time.
- Some machinery manufacturers are working to produce tenoners that can cut a curved arch in one through-feed.
Definition of tenon in:
- The US English dictionary