Definition of tenon in English:
A projecting piece of wood made for insertion into a mortise in another piece.
- One piece of wood has tenons that fit into matching sockets drilled into another piece of wood.
- They employ hand-chiseled mortises and tenons.
- The frame is completely made of wooden parts solidly linked by many mortises and tenons held together by a sophisticated system of brackets.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Example sentences
- These tenoners vary in size.
- The tenoners were designed for accuracy over time and a dramatic reduction in set-up time.
- Some machinery manufacturers are working to produce tenoners that can cut a curved arch in one through-feed.
Words that rhyme with tenonLennon, pennon
Definition of tenon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan