- 1Constituting number ten in a sequence; 10th: the tenth century the tenth of September the tenth-floor locker roomMore example sentences
- I love that he held a party to celebrate his tenth anniversary of being with Nigella.
- In the tenth century, small numbers of Irish and Scots settled on Iceland, bringing Christianity with them.
- We didn't go out on Saturday for our tenth wedding anniversary as Josie was still really sick.
- 2Each of ten equal parts into which something is or may be divided: a tenth of a litreMore example sentences
- In this exercise, the U.S. population is divided into tenths and represented by 10 students.
- Aren't you supposed to divide the bill into tenths?
- Yeah, your final grade was seven tenths of a percent higher than mine.
More definitions of tenthDefinition of tenth in:
- The US English dictionary