Relating to the tenure of land: tenurial holdings
More example sentences
- But, in Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, and Uttar Pradesh, the tenurial laws specify inheritance rules that are highly gender unequal.
- With this de facto recognition of squatting, the word quickly came to mean simply that the tenurial status of the occupied land remained unresolved.
- Devising a solution to Ireland's chaotic tenurial system was one of the major tasks faced by successive governments under the Union.
- Example sentences
- Both Deanshanger and Puxley were ecclesiastically and tenurially dependent upon Passenham in 1086.
- The phraseology suggests that Henley, although tenurially still linked with Benson, was increasingly seen as a distinct outlier with its own boundaries.
- Silkby was probably always a hamlet which was economically, tenurially, and administratively dependent on its larger neighbour of Willoughby.
Words that rhyme with tenurialmercurial, Muriel, seigneurial, Uriel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.