Relating to the tenure of land: tenurial holdings
More example sentences
- But, in Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, and Uttar Pradesh, the tenurial laws specify inheritance rules that are highly gender unequal.
- With this de facto recognition of squatting, the word quickly came to mean simply that the tenurial status of the occupied land remained unresolved.
- Devising a solution to Ireland's chaotic tenurial system was one of the major tasks faced by successive governments under the Union.
- Example sentences
- Both Deanshanger and Puxley were ecclesiastically and tenurially dependent upon Passenham in 1086.
- The phraseology suggests that Henley, although tenurially still linked with Benson, was increasingly seen as a distinct outlier with its own boundaries.
- Silkby was probably always a hamlet which was economically, tenurially, and administratively dependent on its larger neighbour of Willoughby.
Words that rhyme with tenurialmercurial, Muriel, seigneurial, Uriel
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ten|ur¦ial
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.