- A bean plant native to the south-western US, cultivated in Mexico and Arizona for its drought-resistant qualities.
More example sentences
- Phaseolus acutifolius, family Leguminosae
- The tepary bean has been introduced into parts of E. and W. Africa where arid conditions are suitable for it.
- They began growing and cultivating tepary beans, and last year they harvested 10,000 pounds of the beans.
early 20th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of tepary beanDefinition of tepary bean in:
- The US English dictionary