- A Japanese dish of meat, fish, or both, fried with vegetables on a hot steel plate forming the centre of the table: [as modifier]: the restaurant has ten teppanyaki tablesMore example sentences
- Patrons carry out their own cooking which differs from say Japanese teppanyaki restaurants where there is a chef to do the work for you.
- A large area in the centre of the room was rounded by teppanyaki tables.
- The restaurant never cooks frozen or marinated meat on its two large crescent-shaped teppanyaki hot plates, which can sit a total of 28 persons at one time.
Japanese, from teppan 'steel plate' + yaki 'to fry, grill, sear'.
More definitions of teppanyakiDefinition of teppanyaki in:
- The US English dictionary