(abbreviation: Tb or TB)
- A unit of information equal to one million million (1012) or, strictly, 240 bytes.More example sentences
- There is an estimated one million terabytes of online information, and this amount is growing with every new web page that is posted.
- But midrange and high-end appliances storing gigabytes and terabytes of data require sophisticated backup approaches such as tape libraries.
- Those little gray boxes will hold not just gigabytes but terabytes and someday maybe petabytes.
More definitions of terabyteDefinition of terabyte in:
- The US English dictionary