- A unit of power equal to one trillion (1012) watts.More example sentences
- A terawatt is 1 billion watts, a quantity of energy that would otherwise require more than 500 nuclear reactors or thousands of coal-burning plants.
- He and his colleagues ran simulations of the impact of windmills generating at least 2 terawatts of energy - about as much electricity as the world uses now.
- The result is typically several tens of terawatts of carbon-free energy will be required by the end of the century.
More definitions of terawattDefinition of terawatt in:
- The US English dictionary