1A Japanese dish consisting of fish or meat marinated in soy sauce and grilled.
- There are just under a dozen items to choose from at lunch, from chicken or beef teriyaki or udon, to shrimp tempura and sushi and sashimi selections.
- We ordered warm sake, tempura prawns and two teriyaki dishes, chicken and beef.
- Sushi, chicken teriyaki, Thai food, Tandori, even privately owned taquerias all do well here in some way or form.
1.1 (also teriyaki sauce) A mixture of soy sauce, sake, ginger, and other flavourings, used in Japanese cooking as a marinade or glaze for fish or meat dishes.
- Drizzle some spicy mayonnaise over the tuna, drizzle some teriyaki sauce around the dish, and garnish with shisho leaves.
- The glaze is called teriyaki sauce and may be bought in a commercially prepared form or made at home.
- After the vegetables and chicken were cooked, I added some teriyaki sauce and a little bit of honey-garlic sauce, just for taste.
Japanese, from teri 'gloss, lustre' + yaki 'to fry, grill, sear'.
Words that rhyme with teriyakiIraqi, Kawasaki, khaki, larky, malarkey, menarche, Nagasaki, narky, parky, raki, saké, saki, sarky, souvlaki, sparky, sukiyaki
Definition of teriyaki in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.