- The constant speed that a freely falling object eventually reaches when the resistance of the medium through which it is falling prevents further acceleration.More example sentences
- Initially they will accelerate, but they will soon reach a constant terminal velocity when the air resistance around them offsets their downward acceleration.
- Because air resistance also depends on the shape of the object and so by tucking in your arms and legs you can reach a faster terminal velocity than if your arms and legs are spread out.
- He starts to fall, picks up speed, and accelerates to near his terminal velocity in the first 10 seconds.
More definitions of terminal velocityDefinition of terminal velocity in:
- The US English dictionary