1 [usually with modifier] Land or territory.
- To Mesa's disappointment, the wolves all belonged to the River Pack, who were located much more south of his terra.
- We ‘get down’ as we did in the Congo, touching our alma mater, the earth, terra.
- Armesto is stiffer than what I'd love him to be, but his eagle-eye view is great -- a vast terra of long calendrical time seems to get all contained, missing not a single drop, in one punch of his keyboard.
2 (also Terra) (In science fiction) the planet earth.
- It was not easy to hear a solid sound within the depths of the terra and a Tigren's light footsteps would be nearly impossible.
- Blast off into uncharted alien territory on the trail of a deadly secret, threatening peace on Terra.
Latin, literally 'earth'.
Definition of terra in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.