Definition of terra in English:
1 [usually with modifier] Land or territory.
- To Mesa's disappointment, the wolves all belonged to the River Pack, who were located much more south of his terra.
- We ‘get down’ as we did in the Congo, touching our alma mater, the earth, terra.
- Armesto is stiffer than what I'd love him to be, but his eagle-eye view is great -- a vast terra of long calendrical time seems to get all contained, missing not a single drop, in one punch of his keyboard.
2 (also Terra) (In science fiction) the planet earth.
- It was not easy to hear a solid sound within the depths of the terra and a Tigren's light footsteps would be nearly impossible.
- Blast off into uncharted alien territory on the trail of a deadly secret, threatening peace on Terra.
Latin, literally 'earth'.
Definition of terra in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan