Definition of terracing in English:
- The Sidamo, who have a highly developed agriculture including ploughing with oxen and terracing of fields, produce the famous Ethiopian coffee of their name.
- The Banaue creations, covering thousands of hectares, are the world's finest example of rice terracing.
- The original garden had no terracing and the slope of the lawn was proving too difficult to maintain.
2British Wide, shallow steps used to provide standing room for spectators in a stadium: the ground’s combination of safe seating and terracing
More example sentences
- The grandstand's terracing now provides more space for spectators to view the racing.
- Field tickets give access to the open terracing of the stadium.
- The existing West Stand at Huntington Stadium, currently covered terracing, would be turned into a 1,537 all-seater stand with new food kiosks built.
Definition of terracing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan