- The Sidamo, who have a highly developed agriculture including ploughing with oxen and terracing of fields, produce the famous Ethiopian coffee of their name.
- The Banaue creations, covering thousands of hectares, are the world's finest example of rice terracing.
- The original garden had no terracing and the slope of the lawn was proving too difficult to maintain.
2British Wide, shallow steps used to provide standing room for spectators in a stadium: the ground’s combination of safe seating and terracing
More example sentences
- The grandstand's terracing now provides more space for spectators to view the racing.
- Field tickets give access to the open terracing of the stadium.
- The existing West Stand at Huntington Stadium, currently covered terracing, would be turned into a 1,537 all-seater stand with new food kiosks built.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ter|ra¦cing
Definition of terracing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.