Definition of terraform in English:
(Especially in science fiction) transform (a planet) so as to resemble the earth, especially so that it can support human life: that wild idea to use comets to terraform Venus (as noun terraforming) the terraforming of Mars
More example sentences
- In this edition of How Stuff Will Work, you will find out why Mars is the ideal candidate for colonization, and how we plan to terraform the red planet for human habitation.
- The combination of nano-technology and artificial intelligence towards the startling application of terraforming an alien planet might have been imagined before, but never like this.
- You're talking about terraforming an entire planet!
- Example sentences
- Maybe the terraformers could fix it, but this planet had no resources to make it worth terraforming.
- The terraformers are busy making this massive glass dome to house plants, so we can make our own oxygen.
- In the future a crew of terraformers becomes infected by the monstrous bacteria that survived and thrived there from the rover.
Definition of terraform in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan