- Flooring material consisting of chips of marble or granite set in concrete and polished to give a smooth surface: the floor was finished in red and tan terrazzo [as modifier]: a terrazzo floorMore example sentences
- Two years ago very few people in the United States had even heard of polished concrete other than terrazzo floors.
- Oils in any form can penetrate the surface and permanently discolor terrazzo floors.
- There are many original period features still intact in this house including Italian terrazzo floors, plasterwork, marble fireplaces and a cast iron bath.
early 20th century: Italian, literally 'terrace', based on Latin terra 'earth'.
More definitions of terrazzoDefinition of terrazzo in:
- The US English dictionary