- A greyish-green pigment made from a kind of clay (glauconite) and used especially for watercolours and tempera. Also called green earth.More example sentences
- Burnt umber, terre verte, red ochre, red lake and burnt sienna were identified in several places.
- Dilg builds up the paint around the drawing in a narrow range of relatively cool hues running from terre verte to taupe and teal.
- Shades of green encompassed my vision: dusty olive, sparkling emerald, brilliant chartreuse, rich terre verte.
mid 17th century: French, literally 'green earth'.
More definitions of terre verteDefinition of terre verte in:
- The US English dictionary