- A telescope used for observing terrestrial objects, which gives an image that is not inverted.More example sentences
- The latter study led to the adaptive optics that now enable terrestrial telescopes to produce ultra-sharp images of distant celestial objects.
- A terrestrial telescope with sharply defined markings placed in one of its image planes can be fitted to a weapon to offer magnification of the target and enhance accuracy.
- Human exploration of space, the book argues, is gradually being supplanted by a more virtual and more sustainable exploration using robotic spacecraft and terrestrial telescopes.
More definitions of terrestrial telescopeDefinition of terrestrial telescope in:
- The US English dictionary