- 1 [as submodifier] Very; extremely: I’m terribly sorry it was all terribly frustratingMore example sentences
very, extremely, awfully, dreadfully, really, frightfully, exceptionally, exceedingly, immensely, thoroughly, uncommonly, remarkably, eminently, extraordinarily, incredibly, most, positively, decidedly, downright; heartily, profoundly; Scottish unco; North American quite• informal terrifically, tremendously, fearfully, desperately, seriously, devilishly, hugely, fantastically, madly, ultra, too … for words, mucho, mega, majorly, oh-so, stinkingSouth African • informal lekker• informal , • dated devilish
- She did love me, although I was so terribly selfish and awful to her.
- As a film, Cinderella Man is terribly weak, thoroughly sentimental and predictable.
- His inability to speak was terribly frustrating for him, and it just plain broke my heart.
- 1.1Very much: your father misses you terriblyMore example sentences
- She says she missed her father terribly growing up, and now only sees him about twice a year.
- I loved my father, as I do now, and miss him terribly now he's gone.
- He was a lovely human being, a gentle giant and I will miss him terribly.