Definition of terrine in English:
1A meat, fish, or vegetable mixture that has been cooked or otherwise prepared in advance and allowed to cool or set in its container, typically served in slices: a salmon terrine [mass noun]: wedges of terrine
More example sentences
- To serve, place a slice of the terrine and some salad in the center of a plate.
- So here is a nice little restaurant in Queen's Park with a new chef where I've recently had lovely saltimbocca, salad niçoise, fish terrine, roast brill, courgette fritters, that sort of thing.
- For the vegetable terrine, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1.1A container used for a terrine, typically of an oblong shape and made of earthenware.
- Season carefully with salt and black pepper and pack the mixture into a terrine or china dish and leave overnight.
- Pour a first layer of cheese mixture in the terrine, even it out with a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture to the bacon-lined terrine and cover tightly with aluminium foil.
Definition of terrine in:
- US English dictionary