nounZoology & Psychology
- The need to claim and defend a territory: the way people use space, including their seating arrangements and conversational distance, reflects territorial imperative [count noun]: variables of ecological space influence postulations of a territorial imperativeMore example sentences
- Importantly, this was not by territorial acquisition, but by the creation of a new political superstructure whose very purpose was to eliminate the crisis originally created by the territorial imperative.
- However, because of tribal rules, jurisdictional disputes, and territorial imperatives, each chief was reluctant to become involved in the struggle.
- How doctors decorate their consulting rooms can be a matter of style, personal preference, territorial imperatives, or culture.
More definitions of territorial imperativeDefinition of territorial imperative in:
- The US English dictionary