(US also tesselation)
Definition of tessellation in English:
1The process or art of tessellating a surface, or the state of being tessellated.
- While there are concepts like fractions that they are already familiar with, Ashalata also introduces other concepts like symmetry and tessellation.
- Then every tile that tessellates the plane must give rise to at least one periodic tessellation of the plane.
1.1 [count noun] An arrangement of shapes closely fitted together, especially of polygons in a repeated pattern without gaps or overlapping.
- Figure 33 shows a tessellation of the hyperbolic disc by regular pentagons.
- Hanging on the walls, hints of Buckminster Fuller's efficient geodesic domes can be detected mingling with M C Escher's delicate figurative tessellations and traditional Islamic arabesques.
- I will analyze the transformation geometry behind the symmetries transformation and tessellations apparent in Escher's drawings.
Definition of tessellation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan