(US also tesselation)
- 1The process or art of tessellating a surface, or the state of being tessellated.More example sentences
- While there are concepts like fractions that they are already familiar with, Ashalata also introduces other concepts like symmetry and tessellation.
- Then every tile that tessellates the plane must give rise to at least one periodic tessellation of the plane.
- 1.1 [count noun] An arrangement of shapes closely fitted together, especially of polygons in a repeated pattern without gaps or overlapping.More example sentences
- Figure 33 shows a tessellation of the hyperbolic disc by regular pentagons.
- Hanging on the walls, hints of Buckminster Fuller's efficient geodesic domes can be detected mingling with M C Escher's delicate figurative tessellations and traditional Islamic arabesques.
- I will analyze the transformation geometry behind the symmetries transformation and tessellations apparent in Escher's drawings.
More definitions of tessellationDefinition of tessellation in:
- The US English dictionary