Definition of tetanic in English:
Relating to or characteristic of tetanus, especially in connection with tonic muscle spasm.
- Tetanus infection can cause production of a neurotoxin, leading to tetanic muscle contractions.
- Three days after being given intravenous zoledronic acid, he had tetanic spasms and paraesthesia.
- Clearly, tetanic stimulation of the quadriceps muscle is not feasible in unanesthetized human subjects.
- Example sentences
- These results suggest that in normal medium both single and tetanically evoked mossy fiber calcium responses are inhibited by released zinc, with the single-field potentials remaining unaltered.
- We investigated the influence of hyperoxia on O2 uptake in tetanically contracting canine gastrocnemius.
- Finally, the structural and metabolic characteristics of the tetanically stimulated muscles are restored to values that allow electrically supported standing up and standing.
Definition of tetanic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan