- A group or set of four: a tetrad of distinct elementsMore example sentences
- In both strains, haploid phenotypes from tetrads yielding four viable spores may be used to measure the strength of crossover interference.
- Two-thirds of the tetrads gave rise to four normally growing spores and one spore that formed a microcolony of 10 cells.
- Early in meiosis, each pair of homologs comes together to form a tetrad containing two pairs of sister chromatids.
mid 17th century: from Greek tetras, tetrad- 'four, a group of four'.
More definitions of tetradDefinition of tetrad in:
- The US English dictionary