- Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three axes at right angles, two of them equal.More example sentences
- Superb, equant tetragonal crystals occur on quartz in the junction pockets.
- The crystals are typically tetragonal dipyramids with pinacoids.
- Narsarsukite is another tetragonal mineral that can show a tetragonal prismatic habit, particularly when it develops in open cavities.
late 16th century: via late Latin from Greek tetragōnon (neuter of tetragōnos 'four-angled') + -al.
More definitions of tetragonalDefinition of tetragonal in:
- The US English dictionary