Definition of tetramer in English:
A polymer comprising four monomer units.
- Proanthocyanidin mixtures from grapes are a combination of dimers, trimers, tetramers, oligomers, and polymers.
- This analysis also explains why most repressers and activators bind as dimers and tetramers, not trimers or pentamers.
- Numerous studies suggest that the smallest multimer with full catalytic activity is a tetramer or an octamer.
- Example sentences
- It is important to note that, in contrast to coral GFP-like proteins, the new Hydrozoa fluorescent proteins are dimeric rather than tetrameric, whereas the new chromoprotein appears to be a monomer.
- Vertebrate hemoglobins are tetrameric molecules comprised of two distinct polypeptide chains.
- For example, plant monomeric forms, composed only of catalytic subunits, are relatively common in plant species and coexist with higher molecular weight forms (presumably tetrameric, according to its molecular size).
Definition of tetramer in:
- US English dictionary