Definition of tetraplegia in English:
Another term for quadriplegia.
- Less commonly, cerebral palsy takes the form of a hypotonic tetraplegia, with no spasticity, when the child has a mobility problem but with floppy muscles.
- Five subjects with paraplegia and 4 with tetraplegia participated in the clinical treatment protocol.
- All too often, quadriplegia (or tetraplegia as it is now referred to) is innocently confused with paraplegia, a condition where only the lower limbs are affected.
- Example sentences
- A tetraplegic woman on a ventilator made legal history last week when she became the first patient in the United Kingdom to go to court in a bid to have the ventilator switched off.
- In the letter, he revealed that he was a tetraplegic, meaning he suffered from severe disabilities, believed to have been caused by a car accident a few years ago.
- Then he broke his neck and became a tetraplegic, paralysed from the waist down, and with some loss of use of his arms as well.
Pronunciation: /ˌtɛtrəˈpliːdʒɪk/adjective& noun
Definition of tetraplegia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan