noun[mass noun] Computing
- The manipulation of text, especially the transformation of text from one format to another.More example sentences
- In text processing one can use regular expressions to devise very brief scripts that might require many times more code in other languages - and that can never be understood by anyone other than the person who wrote them.
- Christopher, a Web programmer, converted the index into a database using Per!, a programming language that is often used for Web-based text processing and data manipulation.
- According to Capobianco, Curl applications are a set of development tools that combine scripting language, text processing and object-oriented programming.
More definitions of text processingDefinition of text processing in:
- The US English dictionary